Welcome to my blog...My name is Kay English and I am a Professional wedding and lifestyle photographer covering the Metro NY/NJ/PA area. Photography is my passion and I hope that shows in every image. I wish to capture God's love in every photograph. My images are fresh, romantic, enchanting and modern with a hint of photojournalism. If you have any questions, please contact me at Kayenglishphoto@gmail.com
Kay English Photography is member of Weddings of Distinction and is the preferred vendor at Bonnet Island Estate,
Mallard Island Yacht Club, The Ashford Estate, The State Room, PNC Arts Center, The Heldrich, and The Radisson.

"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."-John 3:16

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

To New Jersey, with Love...

Words can't really express the effects Hurricane Sandy had on the coast. The past couple of weeks have been a whirlwind of emotions and I can't say enough how my prayers are with the people in NJ, NY and other states affected by the storm. Many of our friends lost everything and it's times like these that we see how fragile life is, and how the ONLY important thing is our relationship with Jesus and our relationship with others. If you are not sure where you would go when you die, I really recommend checking out this website NeedGod.com. I was blessed enough to go volunteer with my church with an awesome organization called Samaritans Purse. I can't say enough amazing things about this organization as we went directly to the people's homes and got to help them first hand with anything the owners needed. I was also so blessed to be able to serve with one of my awesome brides from this year Anna!!!
Although the devastation is immeasurable, there has been a light at the end of the tunnel. So many people have been helping one another; donating tons of clothes and food, helping their neighbors out, lending generators(Thank you Bill and Tami!), etc... I've seen so many step up and cook meals to give to EMS, Utility works and Police Officers. One of my brides was even risking her life to get news to other people. Everyone has been been amazing and it honestly makes me want to cry at how grateful I am to live here. It's really hard to see the places I grew up in, to be completely destroyed. I used to lifeguard in LBI and here is a picture of me surfing at the shore.
Almost every week in the summer, a team went out to share the gospel with people in Seaside, NJ. We got to preach, talk one-on-one and hand out tracts. We also had a lot of hecklers lol. It's just unimaginable to know that this entire boardwalk is gone. Here is a short documentary I made about our evangelism team:


I also photograph the majority of engagement photos at the Shore. This photo is from Asbury Park and it's just so hard to believe these places are now gone.
Regardless of what happens, we know that God is in control. We will endure, we will rebuild, we will stay Jersey Strong! God bless, Kay***

No comments:

Post a Comment